Joseph Honeysett (1770 - 1844) of Stone in Oxney
Joseph, a son of Joseph and Ann, was baptised in Stone on 6 May 1770. He was a labourer and married Mary Hills in Rye on 20 July 1794. They must have lived in Stone where all their children were baptised:
24 May 1795
5 Mar 1797
17 Feb 1799
bur 4 Jun 1801
14 Jun 1801
31 Jul 1803
31 Aug 1806
10 Jan 1809
7 Mar 1811
22 Oct 1814
12 Jan 1818
Mary was buried in Stone on 29 May 1823 and Joseph on 11 July 1844.
Of their children:
- Mary may have had an illegitimate son Joseph baptised on 27 May 1818.
- Susannah married William Spratt, probably at St Pauls Canterbury in December 1813 (Banns read in Stone).
- Joseph married Dinah Relph, and later Anne Stutely, a widow, and lived in Stone. Few of his children, all daughters, appear to have survived childhood.
- Frances married John Morphett in Stone on 17 April 1833 and they emigrated to Australia in 1838, arriving in Sydney on 26 June aboard the 'Westminster'. Frances died in New South Wales on 5 January 1850.
- Richard married in Edinburgh in 1834 and lived in Tranent, Scotland, where he was a policeman.
- Daniel was a shoemaker lodging in Frant in 1841 He may have died in West London in 1847.