John Honysett (1731 - 1801) of Herstmonceux
John, the only known son of David and Ann, was baptised in Herstmonceux on 30 November 1731. He married Mary Harmer in Herstmonceux on 21 April 1755 and they are known to have had the following children baptised (all Herstmonceux unless stated):
9 Nov 1764
13 Sep 1767
31 Dec 1769
3 May 1772
29 May 1774
16 Mar 1777
11 Apr 1779
No record of them has been found for the period between their marriage in 1755 and the baptism of William in 1764. It seems very likely that there were other children during this period. One particularly likely to fit into this period is David of Warbleton.
John was probably buried in Herstmonceux on 12 June 1801 and Mary on 9 August 1802.
- William married Esther Walter and lived in Herstmonceux.
- Hannah probably married Samuel Thompson in Herstmonceux in 1803.
- Henry became a carpenter, married Sarah Tichbon in Herstmonceux on 28 June 1801 and they appear to have had a son, John, in 1805, although no baptism is known. They were both living at Lime Cross, Herstmonceux, in 1841. Sarah, born around 1780, probably died in 1844. Henry died in 1850.
- James married Sarah Shorter and lived in Burwash.
- Ann married Samuel Pope in Herstmonceux on 11 June 1800 and lived in Burwash.