James Honysett (1750 - 1826) of Westham
James Honysett, a son of Richard and Elizabeth, was born in 1750 and married Mary Miller (1755 - 1821) from Herstmonceux in 1784. Banns were called in Westham on 18 and 25 July and 1 August and the marriage took place in Herstmonceux on 8 August. They appear to have had one son baptised in Herstmonceux six years before they married! Six other children were baptised in Westham:
22 Mar 1778
19 Jun 1785
born 31 May - Westham
16 Sep 1787
born 2 Sep
27 Sep 1789
born 14 Sep
20 May 1792
born 26 Apr
6 Jul 1794
born 7 Jun - died 1808
5 Nov 1797
born 5 Oct
James was an agricultural labourer and appears to have inherited none of the wealth of his forebears.
Mary died aged 65 and was buried in Westham on 1 April 1821. James died when he was 75 and was buried in Westham on 26 January 1826.
- William married Winifred Manser and lived in Westham with their family.
- James married Ann Ward in 1807 and they had a daughter, Mary, the following year. However Mary died when she was less than a year old and Ann died the following year. James then married Elizabeth Streeter in 1813 and they had a son James in 1814. In 1851 they were living in Hunnisett Cottage, Hankham, Westham.
- Ann married Jesse Humphrey (born ca. 1790) in Westham on 16 November 1810 and in 1851 they were living at Chapel House, Seaside, Eastbourne.
- Henry married Philadelphia Woods in 1814 and they lived in Westham with their children.
- Elizabeth died when she was only 14 and was buried in Westham on 29 December 1808.
- Richard married Susannah Hemsley in 1819 and they had a son, Thomas, in Westham.