Henry Hunnisett (1792 - 1842) of Westham
Henry, the third son of James and Mary, was born on 26 April 1792 and baptised in Westham on 20 May. He married Philadelphia Woods (1794-1874) of Westham on 11 December 1814 and they are known to have had twelve children baptised in Westham:
30 Apr 1815
buried 30 Jun 1815
22 Sep 1816
29 Nov 1818
8 Aug 1819
1 Apr 1821
11 Jan 1824
4 Jan 1827
21 Feb 1831
3 Jun 1832
buried 22 Jun 1832
1 Sep 1833
buried 29 Dec 1833
7 Jun 1835
14 Oct 1838
born 30 September
Henry was an agricultural labourer and lived in Westham village. The 1839 tithe map shows that James Daw and Henry Honisett rented a house and garden (1 acre 1 rood) from Thomas Buckley. This was in Westham High Street close to the junction with Peelings Lane, opposite the church. The tithe, payable to the vicar, was 9/- (9 shillings or 45p today).
Henry died in 1842 aged 50 and was buried on 11 November. Philadelphia lived to be 79 and was buried on 20 February 1874.
Of their children:
- Mary never married. By 1861 she was living in Plumstead as housekeeper to Henry Foord, her sister Ann's widower, which she did until he died in 1877. She later worked as a cook at The Rectory, Kidbrook, Kent, where she died on 21 August 1890. Letters of administration, proved the following March, valued her estate at £558 0s 1d and named her brother Thomas Hunnisett, coachman of Bexhill, as the executor.
- Ann married Henry Foord, a gardener from Beckley, and they lived in Greenwich. Ann had died by 1861 leaving a son, Elam.
- Henry married Harriett Foord in 1846 and lived in Westham.
- William married Harriet Harris and lived in Bexhill.
- John married Naomi Climpson, and later Rhoda Ridler, and lived in Brighton and Eastbourne.
- Thomas married Jane Gates and was a coachman in Bexhill.
- Philadelphia probably married Andrew Miller in 1854.
- Richard married Susan Goldsmith and lived in Streatham.