George Honeysett (1772 - 1846)
Carpenter of Dallington
George, a son of Samuel and Elizabeth, was baptised in Dallington on 5 April 1772. He married Ann Buss (1773-1843) in Battle on 2 October 1793 and they had the following children baptised in Dallington:
6 Apr 1794
31 Jul 1796
3 Dec 1799
20 Dec 1801
8 Jul 1804
5 Aug 1807
buried 15 Aug 1812 Dallington
In 1841 George and Ann were at Pardons in Dallington with their daughter and grand-daughter, Ann and Naomi Tugwell. Also with them was another grand-daughter, Ann, the daughter of their son John. George was shown as a carpenter.
Ann died and was buried in Dallington on 11 March 1843 aged 69. George died in 1846 but his burial has not been found.
Of their children:
- Elizabeth had two illegitimate children baptised in Dallington and then married Samuel Pankhurst of Heathfield, where they lived.
- Ann married Richard Tugwell of Horsham in 1821.
- Mary may have married William Simmonds in 1820.
- John married Martha Bunce and lived in Dallington.
- Sarah probably married George Gosling in Heathfield in 1824.
- Harriet married William Baxter of Brightling in 1826.